Micronesia is an incredibly diverse area (with over 600 islands!), which ranges 1,700 miles covering an area from Hawaii to the Philippines. There are many more species of coral and fish in this part of the world than in the Caribbean.
Where to Dive in Micronesia
In Palau you can dive with sharks, rays, mandarin fish and on some wrecks. There are some unique experiences such as snorkel with jellyfish, and dive Chandelier Cavern. Yap is known for diving with Mantas. You have a very good chance of seeing then year round with the best times being December-April. Truk is known for wreck diving.
How to Dive Micronesia
Palau can be dove by either live aboard or land based. Yap is best done by land based resort and Truk is best done by live aboard.
When to Dive Micronesia
Anytime is a good time to dive Micronesia.
- What you’ll see – Walls, coral gardens, schools of fish, turtles, sharks, mantas, frogfish, mandarin fish, clownfish, nudibranches, and much much more.
- What you won’t see – Great White sharks
- Currents – Current can be strong in some areas.
- Water Temperatures – 60’s to 80’s
- Experience level – New to experienced
- Recommended length of stay – A week’s stay at the minimum.