Viking River Cruise
These ships rarely carry more than 200 passengers so you sure won’t get lost in the crowd! The cruises tend to be more port-intensive and you will sometimes visit more than 1 port in a day. You may visit some major cities on your itinerary but you will focus more on smaller towns and villages along the way. Don’t expect the same kind and variety of entertainment aboard a river cruise boat. Everything will be smaller and more intimate than their larger ocean-going sister ships! It’s not that river cruises or ocean cruises are better or worse – it’s just a new way to see the world and meet new people!
- Sample Itineraries
Viking River Cruises are small ship luxury cruises. The Viking line offers 66 ships that carry between 60-256 guests.
River cruise destinations include Europe, Russia, Asia, and Egypt are between 7 and 23 days onboard.
Ocean Cruise Destinations include the Baltic region, Northern Europe, and the Mediterranean and are between 8 and 50 days.
While the vessels are luxury, the atmosphere is friendly and casual.
- At least one included excursion per port
- All onboard meals created by our Swiss-trained chefs featuring fresh ingredients and regional specialties, served in a variety of settings including al fresco dining
- Complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks with our onboard dinner and lunch service; bottled water and complimentary cappuccino, coffee and tea at our 24-hour hot beverage bar
- Complimentary onboard Internet service
- An in-room infotainment system featuring movies on demand, plus CNBC, CNN, National Geographic and more
- Deluxe hotels for overnight stays during our cruisetour programs and before or after your cruise
$ 2,149 - $ 17,549 for ocean cruises
$ 1,698 - $ 7,367 for river cruises